Fall is finally here!

Posted by Dianna

The leaves are changing, the weather is changing...Fall has finally come to Maine.
I woke up this morning to the furnance running. What a surprise that was to hear the bangs from the pipes as the house was being warmed up. I came downstairs to take a peek at the thermostat and it read 59 degrees!!! BRRRR!!!!

Since the leaves are changing we decided to take a ride up north and see the foliage. There's a lot of yellow and gold this year. There was some red but mostly yellows. I got some good pictures of the trees and even took some video as we were driving down the road.

One of the places we went to was Highland Plantation. My grandfather had a camp up there for years. It was my favorite place to go to as a kid. On the way up by Grampies camp we saw a Moose! It was in one of the swamps eating away at the grass under the water. We stayed there for five minutes just video taping it.

From there we took a ride over to the ledges. It was good to finally see it opened back up in there and all the campers gone again. It's one of the spots that everyone has to try to get when camping season starts.
From there we took a ride down to my other favorite camping spot, the Icebox. This is where my twin waterfalls are. This is my little piece of heaven! Whenever I am really stressed I like to take a ride up there and just sit by the falls and relax.

Tomorrow it looks like we might take a ride over on the other side of the river up to Moxie.

1 comments:

The Bertone's said...

59 degree's!! UGH! So glad it was 88 here today! :) Miss you! Love ya!