Flu Season Part two

Posted by Dianna

Well we went to the doctors appointment. While sitting in the waiting room it was brought to our attention that for what ever reason Chris's appointment was taking out of the computer. Luckily however, they said they would see him anyway. The place was packed so we had a little wait. 45 minutes later we saw the doctor. Chris's swelling had gone down a little and so the doctor decided not to do the biopsy. Chris of course was happy beyond words. Me... well, I was frustrated as I wanted to get to the bottom of this. So for treatment he told Chris that he is to suck on Lemon drops or Lemon candy. It will open up the glands in that area. While Chris is sucking on this candy he wants him to gently push on his checks and try to get the fluid to come out. He is thinking that perhaps Chris has a very small opening and that is why the ducts are being blocked. Time will tell.

As for me, well, I am still sick. Still hacking up my lungs so to speak. Yes... I probably should have gone to the doctor but I didn't. We figure that I had pneumonia and am still trying to get over it. I really didn't want to go to the hospital as I have no faith in the idiots there. We took Chris in early this year and they misdiagnosed him. Said he had an upper respiratory infection. He went back in the following week as he still wasn't any better. They were going to send him back home without doing anything. I wasn't having any part of that as I knew something more was wrong. I pushed and pushed and kept telling them that he was diabetic. Finally they agreed to do a x-ray and saw that it was indeed pneumonia. I was so ticked off! If it wouldn't have been for me pushing about him being diabetic they never would have done the x-ray and we wouldn't have known. Hence now the reason I don't want to deal with the hospital.

So there ya have it.

1 comments:

The Bertone's said...

I know you hate the Hospital! As do I, but you need medicine! :) I am worried about you my dearest sister! :) Love ya! Get better soon!